27 May 2013

Vintage Barn Wedding Venues in Scotland

Since 2010 when Butler & Taylor was founded, we have met some lovely creative couples, worked with some super wedding suppliers and some stunning venues.  After a wee quiet patch of blogging due to a mix of family time with little Rubin and dedicating any time I do have to my inbox as opposed to here – I’m back!

And today I wanted to share some venues we’re found along the way, so today it’s all about Barn (and Village Hall) Wedding Venues folks! 

Vintage Barn Wedding Venues

We had a “DIY” affair – and there’s so much to be said for finding that “nugget” of a blank canvas venue to splash your own style onto! 

Here are a few of our favourite more hidden venues along with some old classics (not all seen in person, but all recommended)

The Byre at Inchyra – new!

I found out about this Perthshire venue few months ago, and I’ve been looking forward to blogging about it.  Whenever I write a blog, I obviously try and source great pictures.  I was DELIGHTED when these stunning pictures appeared on the blog of Edinburgh photographers KITCHENER PHOTOGRAPHY.  Once you’ve read this post, do make a point of sifting through their pictures, as, wow!!

Byre at Inchyra2Byre at Inchyra

Byre at Inchyra3byreatinchyra5byre at inchyra4

Kinkell Byre

Kinkell Byre is one of the larger and more established “barn venues” featured, and is one I’ve had personal experience with when planning events in my previous job.  It’s still a totally blank canvas, but with some already beautiful touches in place. Cosy spaces, barrel bars and lighting a plenty.  It’s nestled behind the golf dunes of St Andrews, and has the wow factor.  Again, I’m drawing from the KITCHENER PHOTOGRAPHY archive for these stunning pictures.

KinkellKitchenerKinkellKitchener2KinkellKitchener4KinkellKitchener5KinkellKitchener3 

Errol Park Stables

This is an A Grade A Listed Stables Venue with Industrial style Floor to Ceiling Windows, Vaulted Ceilings, Cobbled Courtyard and Stunning Scenery! I found these fab pictures below from Crofts & Kowalczyk Photographers from Edinburgh – I love that wood panelled room and vintage props! Look like they belong there rather than hired, perhaps?! Beautiful!

errolparkinside

Errol park Perthshire barn wedding vintage2

See below that grand Gateway peeping through cobbled courtyard!  Stunning!

Errol park Perthshire barn wedding vintageI

And to round the night off…perhaps a courtyard fire… I think so! (picture from Errol Park Website)

errol-park-perthshire-wedding-event-at-night

 

Cormiston Farm – new!

Ok, so we found out about this farm near Biggar through a couple who we are supplying our vintage kids toys and games package to. (do contact Butler & Taylor if you are interested).  And we think it looks just great.  A smattering of charm, a dollop of impressive views and a flock of alpacas – what's not there to love?

Cormiston Farm2

Moonrise-over-Coulter-FellCormiston Farm4

All pictures from their facebook page - Its still a “work in progress” and the plan to be fully open in 2014. Follow their facebook page for all the latest.

The Three Sisters Bake Village Hall – new!

I’m really excited to see this venue, just on the outskirts of Glasgow in Quarriers Village.  Aside from being a fellow Glasgow Wedding Collective supplier, they seem to have created a roots-y empire of loveliness between their catering company, cafe, venue and now soon to be written book! (which we supplied props to for their book shoot last week, very excited to see them!)

I’ve been invited out for tea, to have a spy of their venue which I hope to do soon, but until then, take a look at these pictures taken by One Big Picture Photography

Three Sis Venue2

ThreeSistersBake-7Three Sis Venue 

Finally, to finish this post off, I want to share some better known classic Barn/Stable venues - Crear (West Coast) / Kirknewton Stables (nr Edinburgh) / Hopetoun House Stables (nr Edinburgh) / Harburn House Rondavel (nr Edinburgh) / Ledard Farm (nr Aberfoyle)

If you know of any more that I’ve missed, please post in our comments.

We have also put together a pinterest board for “Barn Weddings” with lots of ideas. See this here:

image

And don’t forget our vintage collection for hire through Butler & Taylor including full dinner service, tea set hire and cake stands, vintage lampshades, suitcases, typewriters -  all perfect for a DIY affair!  Click below to see our full range…

image

Any more DIY wedding ideas or a Vintage Wedding Venues worth sharing, don’t forget to get in touch below.

Love Claire x

9 comments:

Edilberto Durano said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sarah brightman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitsuné Shadow said...

Lovely venues, but don't forget about Comrie Croft as well! ^^

Eventually, if ever I actually walk down the aisle myself instead of arranging for others, a barn wedding is the one for me.

Anonymous said...

look at Pratis Farm in Fife its lovely and reasonably priced!!

TISHA PIERCE said...

I love vintage venues but this time I want something contemporary for my wedding that is why I have decided to hire San Francisco restaurants and I am sure that I am making a wise decision.

Matchfinder Bm said...

Beautiful wedding venue.
Mudiraj brides and grooms discover your life partner on Matchfinder's Mudiraj matrimony

kaylahely said...

I have never read such quality post/article as yours, ever on the web. Your post/article is very detailed and insightful yet easy to understand. Please write more frequently for this/our community. Find the right Wedding Planning meeting, party or anything from dinner to dance! Among many, there is a venue that perfectly suits to your mood and budget.

theclawsareout said...

I don't ever comment on blogs.....but I had to thank you for this post. I had fallen in love with the byre at inchyra for my wedding but was informed they only do 3 day weddings which was not for me. Every other similar venue I love was either too far away or again not suitable. I was starting to get downhearted, picturing another hotel wedding for myself when that was never what I wanted. Looking at some of these venue's you have posted has made my heart soar as most are close enough and exactly what I pictured for my wedding day. Thank you very much. Xxxxx

Vidya said...

good wedding photography & venue..found a similar wedding blog here

Post a Comment