2 August 2011

Mismatched Chairs

Mismatched chairs

There is something really nice about things not matching. As you know Claire and I love unmatched tea sets and I have realised that I seem to take this idea into everything I have around me, cushions, frames, plant pots, earrings, even socks! My Mother always says that ever since I was little I loved to mix bold colours together. In my opinion the more things that clash the better! I don't have any rules when it comes to my wardrobe - navy and black can team up, spots and stripes together and double denim is a treat!

My new obsession is to find mismatched chairs for my dining table in my flat. At the moment we have four matching Ikea chairs. Every time I look at them I feel as if I am living in a showroom! I hope to change this by sourcing four very different chairs, modern and vintage, watch this space!


Inspiration for my new dining room!


Mismatched Chairs
mylittleapartment.blogspot.com


Mismatched Chairs
www.flickr.com/photos/26305625@N02

Modern and Vintage Mismatched Chairs
inbloomeventdesign.blogspot.com

Painted Mismatched Chairs
absolutelynotmartha.blogspot.com

Sometimes if everything matches it can look a tad stale and too perfect, I think items that don't match have a sense of personality and life.

Have a look at these snaps for some mismatched seating ideas at events -

Outdoor Wedding with Mis Matched Chairs
www.thewhitelibrary.com

Outdoor dining with vintage mismatched chairs
houseandhomefurniture.com


Jenny x







2 comments:

Little Miss Maisy said...

I am a mismatched kinda girl too, and a big fan of mixing patterns, spots, stripes and floras bring them on!

http://littlemissmaisyblogging.blogspot.com

Anmol Garg said...

Hire wooden chair, event chair, chiavari chair, led bar, vintage chair, artificial tree, eames chair for Weddings, reception parties, Corporate Events, special occasions or Shows.

Post a Comment