15 August 2011

Glorious 39


Did anyone watch the British thriller 'Glorious 39' last night on BBC 2? This Pre-War drama written and directed by Stephen Poliakoff must have passed me by when it came out in 2009. I don't normally watch thrillers but found myself gripping my patchwork blanket as the plot unravelled!

Thrilling though it was, for me the highlights were the amazing costumes worn by the main character, Anne Keyes (played by Romola Garia).

In each scene she looked incredible. I had major wardrobe envy for 1930's and 1940's fashion. I managed to find a selection of some of Anne's outfits from the film. 

Glorious 39 Fasion
I found this photo collage on this sweet blog - here 

I love the hair, scarfs and the berets!, time for a wardrobe revamp! 

Jenny x

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this so much I had to reblog it! She's my favourite x

Little Miss Maisy said...

I watched this film, not really knowing the basic plot before watching and was horribly shocked with the thriller. It was brilliant though and the clothes were amazing, each scene I was half fearing for her life and half admiring her clothes!

Arianne said...

Thanks for linking back to my post! I'm really enjoying your archives!

The Vintage Lassies said...

Thanks guys! Lets hunt down her stylist and share the clothes! X

Post a Comment